A showcase of this week's finest geek and geek related activities for the week. Mark your calendars.
- Salute to Supernatural - Arlington, VA
- Dust off that tan overcoat you wore to AwesomeCon and bring it down to Arlington this weekend for the Supernatural Convention Tour Entertainment Extravaganza. With karaoke, a costume contest, and loads of Q&As, definitely worth it for fans. Where else can you see Misha Collins do cabaret?
- Go Fox Yourself - Washington, D.C. - 6PM
- Dust off your hoverboard and head to Tom Foolery's for the Michael J. Fox Foundation Fundraiser. Prizes go to the best Michael J. Fox costume, and Foxiest costume (interpret that as you will), some pretty sweet raffle prizes, and a discount for everyone who Fox's themselves. It's for a good cause and last year they raised around $1,000. Even if you don't have an orange puffy vest, a pretty convincing Alex P. Keaton costume shouldn't be too hard. Or are you chicken?
- Eddie Izzard - Washington, D.C. - 8PM
- Mystery Men fans, rejoice! Eddie Izzard is coming to the Warner Theater for some good, old fashioned, stand-up comedy. Tickets start at $42 and are still available as of this afternoon.
- Free Comic Book Day - Everywhere - All Day
- Comic lovers' favorite day (other than Wednesday). That special, single day where every year, participating comic shops around the nation give out free comics. Many store have special events and discounts to celebrate. Third Eye Comics in D.C. has a great line up this year and many other stores in the area will be having local artists and writers hanging out. Check here to see what your local store is doing.
- Gamer Symphony Orchestra - College Park, MD - 2PM
- University of Maryland's GSO has been giving your favorite video game tunes that classical touch since 2005. This weekend is their Spring Concert. It's free. They're awesome.
- 2nd Annual Spring Bock Festival - Falls Church, VA - 12PM
- Spring finally arrived, so celebrate with Mad Fox Brewing Company. The event is free, but for $20 you can get 6 tasting tickets and a glass. With over 20 bock beers, definitely worth it.
- Running of the Chihuahuas - Washington, D.C. - 12PM
- It's Cinco de Mayo weekend, and if drinking in sombreros isn't your thing come to SW D.C. for the glorious Running of the Chihuahuas. Last year almost 100 pint-sized pooches raced for glory and treats. No chihuahua, no problem. Bring your dog for the all-breed contest for best dressed and best trick.
- Stripelodeon - Washington, D.C. - 8:45PM/11PM
- The burlesque gals are at it again. This Saturday, after Dr. Who Happy Hour, it's the tribute to your 90s childhood you've been waiting for. Even though there's no big orange couch, with Invader Zim and CatDog as guests, you bet your squeedlyspooch will be be warm and gooey with joy. And maybe tacos.
Did we miss something? If you have an event you’d like to promote that isn’t on this list, leave a comment or email us. Other weekly recurring events are listed on our website (such as Rocky, CCG tournaments, crazy themed happy hours). For more information, check out the calendars at DC Geeks.