A showcase of this week's finest geek and geek related activities for the week. Mark your calendars.
|Or geekier, as the case may be.|
(photo © BlackFinn American Saloon)
- Trivia - Trivia at BlackFinn with Geek Night Out - Bethesda, MD - 7:00PM
- Geek Night Out is making the trip up to BlackFinn this week. The trivia rules or rounds sound almost like a proctored collegiate test: five rounds, worksheets for bonus points in between, and a music round. Only difference is, at trivia night you’re drinking during the test, instead of just being hung over from blowing off steam the night before. Brush up on those VPs and get ready to grab a cocktail.
- Trivia - ThinkGeek Presents: Trivia Night - Vienna, VA - 7:00PM
- ThinkGeek has some trivia of their own. If you’re up for another round, head to Jammin Java. Wait, nope, another sold out TG event. Yikes. As always, search around for drop outs. Teams are 6-8 and everyone (yes, even kidling infants) must have a ticket, so there may be a few people who couldn’t snag a sitter looking to fill their team spaces.
- Cult Classic - Dude Fest at the Drafthouse - Arlington, VA - 7:00PM (doors open)
- Wait, this event has trivia? Damn, sorry to strap you all with so much homework this week. However, this should be no challenge because the entire night (and presumably the trivia) are all related to The Big Lebowski. And around 8:45 the Trivia and Costume Contest winners will be announced before the 9:00 showing. The event is 21+ so everyone can grab a caucasian or three before the movie starts.
|AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE, who thinks this is excellent?|
(promo image © Arlington Drafthouse)
- LitGeek - Neil Gaiman at GW's Lisner Auditorium - Washington, DC - 7:00PM
- The event is sold out but guess who got tickets just in time? Yes, DC Geeks will be there. If possible to snap shots, and if not to at least get a few things signed (something Neil rarely does anymore), and brag cover the event. Keep an eye to the Twitters for last minute drop outs, but given that the ticket came with a signed copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane, I don’t want to get your hopes up too high. Attendees, remember, the event is not at Poetry & Prose, it’s at GW.
- Board Games - King of Tokyo Tournament - Washington, DC - 11:00AM
- It’s good to be the king. In King of Tokyo, you gleefully demolish the city in an attempt to be the monster/lizard/robot at the top of the heap (If you want the Tabletop episode for the actual gameplay: I've got you covered). Know what’s better than being the king? Being the king of kings after a tournament of destruction and mayhem. Know what’s even better than that? The winner of the tournament gets a free pass to this year’s Gen Con!!!