|Oh yes, Dragoncon. via Disavian|
A showcase of this week's finest geek and geek related activities for the week. Mark your calendars.
- Conventions - Dragon*con - Atlanta, GA - Friday to Sunday
- Probably one of the conventions I've enjoyed the most. Mostly due to the night time party scene. Nothing like walking into a random party and joining in on a singing of Fette's Vette(true story). Even beyond that, lots of fun nerd celebrities and activities. But way way crowded. The whole environment made around Dragon*con has become so crazy and big. Just wow. Quite an experience.
- Conventions - TCEP 18 - Laurel, MD - Friday to Sunday
- I'm not amazingly familiar with this one. This was recommended to me by an associate. Area 42 games is coming out in force for it. If they are throwing in behind it, it's worth going to. Looks like a general gaming event that's very local.
- General - National Gallery's Pop Quiz Night - Washington, DC - 5:30 PM
- Trivia night based on the history of invention in the US.
- Art - Dangerous Curves Ahead - Washington, DC - 9:00 PM & 11:00 PM
- Burlesque show. I've seen the show from this particular group before and it was a lot of fun. Man, geeks and burlesque. Like... two things that go together. Nintendo games and blowing. Wait...
An exciting week! Get to it! Other weekly reoccurring events are listed on our website (such as Rocky, CCG tournaments, crazy themed happy hours...). For more information, check out the calendars at DC Geeks.